Date May 4, 2023
What are cookies?
How long a cookie stays on your device will depend upon the type of the cookie ("persistent" or "session"). Session cookies are only present on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies remain on your device until they expire or are deleted.
Our website utilizes cookies to enable us to personalize our website for the user; it allows the website to understand how users interact with the website and; remember user preferences. Non-essential cookies are used on the basis of your consent.
Which type of cookies do we use?
The cookies generated when you visit our website are categorized as follows:
- Necessary cookies: These cookies are necessary for our website to function properly and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, or where they’re essential to provide you with a service you have requested. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but if you do, some parts of the website will not work.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies enable our website to provide enhanced functionality, enable you to fill out forms through the website and allow us to avoid spammers. If you do not allow these cookies, then some features and services of the website may not function properly.
- Analytical or Performance cookies: These cookies collect anonymous information
about how you use and interact with our website. This allows us to test new design ideas and improve our online features.
Some examples on how we use analytical cookies are: to register a unique ID that is used to
generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website; to collect data
on the number of times a user has visited the website as well as dates for the first
and most recent visit; to monitor the website performance.
We use Google Analytics to enable us to track and analyze the usage of our website. All data collected by our service providers is owned by us, and is used to better understand our users and improve our website. These cookies are considered to be “first party” cookies i.e. cookies that are created and used on a single domain, but the relevant analysis is performed by a third party.
For more information on how Google Analytics processes personal data,
How long are the cookies stored on your device?
Except for session cookies, all cookies are then kept on your device for up to 12 months after your last visit.
How do I turn cookies off?
When you use our website, you cannot disable the necessary cookies, however you do not have to accept the categories of cookies that are not necessary, as described above. Should you reject the said cookies, certain features, or resources of our website, may not work properly and cause the user some inconvenience.
You can choose to reject or block specific types of cookies set by virtue of your visit to the website when you first visit our website through our cookie banner and also customize and change your choices through the link “Cookies” which you can find on the website footer.
For more detailed control over site-specific cookies, check the privacy and cookie settings in your preferred browser.
You can set most browsers to prevent any cookies being placed on your device, but you may then have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a website/page.
- For the Chrome web browser, please visit this page from Google: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050
- For the Internet Explorer web browser, please visit this page from Microsoft: https://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
- For the Firefox web browser, please visit this page from Mozilla: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- For the Safari web browser, please visit this page from Apple: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
For any other web browser, please visit your web browser's official web pages.